Saturday, June 03, 2006

It's Not That I Don't Know How To Cook

I have just encountered a very serious problem. I cannot microwave.

Not as in, it's too hard, or all my arms and legs are broken; that would be silly. As in, I went to microwave something just now, and discovered that the microwave was off. Further investigation concluded that it was off because it was not plugged in. Even further, extensive, painstaking investigation showed that it was not plugged in because the microwave has a three-prong plug and the outlet only fits two prongs. The ancient toaster oven can be plugged in, but not the terribly necessary microwave.

Except it worked before, when I went to microwave stuff. I have no idea; really I don't. Maybe a roommate had an adapter and took it with her when she left? Maybe it functions on magic and has decided to take the weekend off? Who knows.

The only thing I do know is that I had to resort to dumping my little micrwaveable container of Chef Boyardee spaghetti & meatballs into a saucepan and heat it on the stove. On the stove! That's ridiculous. I didn't buy these things so I could get all Martha Stewart; I bought them so I could throw something in the microwave real quick on those days I happen to actually be in my apartment and get a little craving for something. Most of my food isn't even here, and I resent having to cook something that was never meant to be cooked.

Grr.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mooney said...

What you're looking for is called a ground lift you can get it for 3 bucks at Home Depot or radio shack

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home