Friday, November 19, 2004

"Sweet Cabbage, I've Done It Again!"

Everyone seems to be celebrating anniversaries, and I realized, woah, I have one to celebrate too! And I cannot let this one pass me by. Especially not because, through a chain reaction of events, I finally found the long-lost, much-missed Decision Making Quarters.

It was this day one year ago that I downloaded MSN Messenger. It has since been retired, not to be used until March 2006. Tonight, one year ago, I stayed up far past my bedtime talking to someone who became a very dear friend of mine. Have you ever met someone and realized they were so much like you that you basically didn't have to ask for their opinion, because it would be the same as your own? We're not exactly alike, but we're so close it almost frightens me; I know that when we finally start really hanging out, our friendship will almost certainly end in death, for at least one of us, and quite possibly for the population of a small city. That is how cool we are.

I like to call him JJ for short (he HATES that), but I would like you all to know and love Mr. Jeremy Nebuchadnezzar Mixing Bowl Procrastinator Generous With My Words The Bottomless Pit Perfectionist Hahaha I Like Food Special and Rare Worcestershire Sauce Mr. Stubborn Justin Brown.

That is what happens when you make me guess your middle name.

To someone who understood my whimsy, who never questioned my weirdness, who made me laugh, who wrote me letters, who loved to call Jenn crazy, who was an East Coast Boy all the way and actually scientifically proved it, who remembered every final I was taking and on which day I would be taking it, who stayed up all night with me to make sure I made my plane, and who was the champion of the "Tell Me Something" game... I hope you enjoy being slaughtered in chess when you get back. (If by "slaughtered," I mean "I will get bored twelve minutes in and throw the pieces on the floor.")

Goodnight, Germy.

6 Comments:

Blogger tuesday said...

What a boy.

6:58 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Too true. He always reminded me to eat my parsnips for dinner.

9:44 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Actually, I believe the first person I ever IMed was Rachael, all these many years ago. But I always used AIM (it was my first love, and my loyalty goes to it first and forever), so MSN was a different experience for me.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Zay and Ray. That was only like forever ago.

6:52 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I never thought Zay would become the phenomenon it turned out to be, with all the high security and the permission slips and the background checks. Yeah, if you have permission to call me Zay, you're basically authorized to feel special for the rest of your life. It's not like I hand out permission willy-nilly to just anyone. You're one of three. Three! And to the rest of you: no asking. I won't give it to you.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vartan regretz being alive again, bekuz he iz oblivious in your undypantz x=0P...p.s. stop bein sucha pansy...::haz armz slightly lyfted:: n the stupidestiny on hyz face

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home