Friday, June 16, 2006

They'll Never Hurt You Like I Do

Example #317b of our messed-up relationship:

He refused to eat until I told him what was wrong. As in, what was deeply, darkly, hiddenly, psychiatrically wrong. And he refused to eat any food, until I bore that part of my soul.

And now every time he looks at me, I know that he knows; that he forced a confession from me, and he left me alone with it - because we certainly have no future. He pries intimacies from me and collects them like pearls to string about his neck; maybe; but I don't know what else he'd be doing with them.

A normal person would offer stability and hope and - plans. But I don't think a normal person would refuse to eat for a secret, either.





Sigh. Too bad I go for crazy.

9 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

What was the secret (slobber-gurgle)

6:27 AM  
Blogger tuesday said...

I'm pulling my hair out right now. Metaphorically.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Battlerocker said...

"He pries intimacies from me and collects them like pearls to string about his neck"

Lovely. This post is beautifully tragic. I just found your blog, but I'm excited to keep reading. I am sorry to hear about your troubled relationship. But great work on your blog.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Battlerocker said...

By the way, did you steal your title from Something Corporate? If so you've hit my favorite song.

10:01 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I did steal the line from Something Corporate, battlerocker. Good call, spotting that one. Welcome to the blog.

7:59 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Also: it's amazing what can change in a day's time. I'm keeping this post up because it was honest and raw at the time...but as is the case with these things, that all can change.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a title from someone who's stuck on themself. And that can never change in a days time... :)

3:33 AM  
Blogger Battlerocker said...

I'm guessing Anonymous has never heard the song.

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Battlerocker: "There is nothing interesting about my life except perhaps my total lack of authority to speak meaningfully on any subject whatsoever." -Yup.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home