Monday, September 26, 2005

Some Goals For The Week, Since It's Monday And Everything

My goal is to go an entire week without one guy trying to kiss me. It really shouldn't be that hard--I don't have a sign slung around my neck that says "Kisses: $1," and I don't really make it a point to invite people in to my life, and I'm not superhot, nor do I lean seductively into car doors--but I'm often surprised by what people attempt, so we'll see.

Another goal is to find more opportunities to compose 14-line Romantic-style lyric poems and then to stand on top of my desk to recite it to my British Literature class, because I am an attention whore that way, and I like being complimented on my writing by people whose own writing spurs me on to greater heights.

And my last goal is to see how many people I can secretly tear apart whilst in conversation with them. The internal mockalogue is especially virulent this week; I can already feel the inner stirrings of the nastiness, and if you're going to ask me a dumb question, well, you asked for it. The thing is, I don't really want to make anyone cry or feel bad, so if I can make fun of them without their knowing it, I'm vindicated, and they go off feeling their question has been answered, and everybody wins...except for the Cougars, but we can blame that last one on a bad call. Can't we?

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Will you please post your 14-line Romantic-Style poem ? when you are done, that is.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make appointment for the thrill of your life!!!!

5:57 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

It's done, Justin, but people who publish their poetry on blogs are weird. And not a good kind of weird. They're a weird kind of weird that I want very much to stay away from. But if you ask nicely, I'll e-mail it to you, or something.

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home