Friday, April 07, 2006

Throw The Doors Open To Catch The Light

This week has been crazy. Monday and Tuesday were absolutely gorgeous days, and I took advantage of the appropriate April-like warmth and sunned myself on the lawn in between classes.

On Wednesday, a friend stopped in on his way up to Oregon and brought a terrible cold front with him. I don't mind snow so much in January, but in April? In April, snow is unacceptable. Especially after the weather has made such a brilliant peace offering to me. I feel like Utah and I are in the death throwes of a very bad relationship.

Here is the view of the sidewalk in front of my apartment on Thursday afternoon:



I refused to go out in that mess, so I spent the day touring the aquarium in the basement of the Widtsoe building.

Today I woke up, and it was gorgeous again. There is still snow on the mountains





but I'm walking around in a t-shirt with the windows thrown open to catch the birdchirps and the sunlight.

4 Comments:

Blogger juxtaposer said...

Two things: I finally got unlazy, so if you click on the picture, you can see a larger version. This larger view takes you to my second thing, which is: woah, check out how BLUE that sky is. That's my favorite shade of blue.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

Mail-order houses under Twoboobs Montain It makes me think of Charles Dickins How big is the foot-path that leads to this place?

12:53 AM  
Blogger AlieMalie said...

if it makes you feel any better, this weekend i went to the beach and frolicked in the sand and surf.

*wicked grin*

seriously though, i want snow - i love snow, i will take snow any day, any month, any year - send it all to me.

:)
AM

10:15 PM  
Blogger Corith Malin said...

I'm from a place with a lot of snow.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home