Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Livin' Is Easy...On My Rare Days Off

I'm sorry if you've tried calling me and it seems like I'm never there. I promise that I've noted the call, and I WILL get back to you.

I'm just...busy.

Although it probably doesn't seem that way when I'm meandering down the aisles of Wal-Mart at one in the morning, lamenting the fact that they are out of their croissants, and boy howdy am I craving croissants, and WHY ARE THERE NO CROISSANTS!!?!

Grr.

But I bought Art a replacement mug for the one I broke while I was washing the dishes and he came in wearing my t-shirt and the surprise kinda jarred me and made me knock it out of my grasp into the hard sink where it cracked in half and then shattered. I felt really bad about that one. Now all I need to do is buy him a replacement mouse for the one I exploded. Hehe.

I guess now would be a good time to call. It's late in the evening, and it's just me and Mike chilling. He walked through the room and said "Good morning, sunshine" to me a few minutes ago, then came back and turned on the lights so we wouldn't ruin our eyesight with our tapping away at our respective keyboards. I'd recently woken from a multi-hour nap. So yeah, not a whole lot going on - but I'm enjoying the quiet.

Oh, and Dad: Happy Father's Day. I almost wished it at Mom, then realized it was her voice, not yours. I know how much you'll make fun of me for that, and love making fun of me, so have at it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mama Luce said...

There are no croissants because Art has bought and eaten all of them. It sounds like your father's day was about as eventful as mine, but you had company. Mine was spent... well, very alone, but that's okay. I miss you guys lots! Oh! Andy and I decided that you need to come visit him this summer sometime and I'll make the trip up there at the same time! Sound like a plan? Goooood :-D

1:59 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Andy is a bum who gets me all excited with hopes of rafting excursions and then calls me up at the unholy hour of 11:30 a.m. and wakes me up enough to break my heart and shatter my dreams, but leave me mostly just confused because I am still mostly asleep. Is what Andy does.

Ask Art. OH WAIT, HE GOT TO KEEP SLEEPING. I hate them all. Except no I don't, I love them.

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a daughter who has difficulties distinguishing left and right, I should not be too surprised that you have problems distinguishing the proper recipient of Mother's and Father's Day greetings.

Maybe this will help. F is "lower" in the alphabet than M, so when it is Father's Day, and the voice on the phone is lower, then you can wish them Happy Father's Day.

Have a great day. :-)

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home