Friday, February 16, 2007

The Very Un-Mocktail Party

I took tomorrow off of work three weeks ago in anticipation of our apartment's mocktail party, the first of several we were planning on throwing. I doublechecked with my roommates that, yes, we really were having the party, and yes, it really would be held on Saturday the 17th. Saturdays are hard to get off where I work.

I was talking to my room-roommate (you know, the one who actually shares a room with me), and she told me she was working tomorrow. I told her I was sad that she'd have to miss the mocktail party that way, when she was like, "Oh, they rescheduled it. For next week." "What? When did they reschedule it?" "Last night."

Awesome. Really, really awesome. Because, you know, everyone in this apartment can just make it to a party on a random Saturday night of someone's choice. Oh, wait, no, I would have had to know about this change weeks ago to actually be able to make it. And we're changing it so some roommates can go do other stuff tomorrow. Even though this party has been in the works for a long time now.

Glad to know I'm losing money for a missed shift to get to not go to a party I was really looking forward to. And glad that someone told me about it other than inadvertantly - oh, wait, that part didn't happen.

Super.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

: (

1:42 PM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

wanna come to my "Dig a trench so I can Replace my sewer line party" it's only 6 feet down?

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually it was canceled because alot of the people we invited wanted to go to the dance instead so we didn't want to compete with that. Sorry no one told you though. Why don't we reschedule it for a time that you do have off.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home