Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Maybe If I Dyed My Hair Too

My roommate's mom came to visit over the weekend (she has purple hair; PURPLE!), and we all fell in love with her warmth and her motherliness and her...frickin' purple hair, really. But also, she brought us presents: these gorgeous little journals with such beautiful covers that whatever you write on those pages must be significant and transcendent and life-changing. You must channel Camus to write in these books, really.

Which leaves me with a problem: What do I write in my book? Do I collect quotes into it? Do I die in its pages? Do I enfold those deep, spiritual experiences I am lucky enough to have? Whatever I do, those pages will be filled. (Which probably means I will eventually put it on a shelf to take out every so often and stare at the cover, then replace on the shelf, overcome by the sense of my own non-genius.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

Go baldy like Nat and Brit.See how good they looked?

5:00 PM  
Blogger GreenLantern said...

Write whatever you feel the need to write about in it. One route might be to write in it only what you would never post on here, or another might be to share everything and then some.

Either way, don't take anybody's advice on it. You do it for you.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home