Tuesday, November 16, 2004

"It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas"

Tonight we made Christmas cards. Don't even start with me how it's not even Thanksgiving; I didn't plan the activity. But it was still a lot of fun. I wish you all could see the reindeer I drew. "Cute" doesn't even begin to describe it. Or, well, actually, yeah, I guess it does begin to describe it... and finish describing it too. Add the fact that it was a stick reindeer, and I'm sure you can picture it perfectly to yourself.

You're probably thinking that I am not the most artistically inclined. If you thought that, you're right. Gold star for you! Some poor old grandmother is going to get this card, look at it, and think, "Oh, look, I got a card drawn by an English major." That, and the fact that I wrote a very nice prose poem on the inside.

Hallmark, I'm looking at you. I was dang proud of that reindeer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I guarantee that I am a much worse artist than you are. I had to make a piece of art for my English class (an example of how bad my teacher's attempts at creative assignments have gotten) and I traced my roommate's drawing. I couldn't bear to draw something on my own that would end up looking like a piece of crap.

4:57 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Yeah, it actually wasn't that bad. I really am proud of it. But when you look at the artistic genes other members of my family got and compare this reindeer to their oil paintings and whatnot, it's... well, it's pretty laughable. And I like to laugh.

6:16 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Can I just say, that I laughed for three minutes straight when I read that? I love how you verbally eviscerate people, even if that people is me.

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home