Friday, November 05, 2004

"It's Only Gonna Drive You Crazy"

To all of you who were disappointed when I ended up coming to BYU after all: I might transfer anyway. I am sick and tired of this registration brouhaha happening every four months or so. It shouldn't be so difficult to register for a few classes. Last time, the fault was mainly mine for not realizing until after 5 p.m. on my registration day that it was actually my registration day, and not the day after like I had thought.

This time, though, I blame BYU all the way. Turns out the English department put a hold on all English majors' records until they meet with a counselor and get him to sign a hold release form. Of course, they don't let you know until you actually try to register. Then they provide you with a phone number and a few hours to freak out and wonder what this mysterious hold is about. I honestly came to the conclusion that I was failing all of my classes and they weren't going to let me continue in my major. My mind does funny things at six in the morning. Anyway, I have yet to meet with my counselor, so the perfect schedule I worked out probably won't happen. And I am furious. No one has ever really seen me mad. In fact, the people I just ate lunch with didn't even really see me mad. But I am screaming on the inside. Just please tell me that SVU doesn't have these stupid problems, and I will transfer there in a second.

Or else go with my second choice, which is switching my major to art ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

"...You'll keep on wanting more and more and more, you won't be satisfied... So just STOP!"

7:06 PM  
Blogger Taylor Hellewell said...

Er . . . yeah, what she said. (You people and your random song quotes! What, should I start spamming the Tony Bennett or Franki Valli and the Four Seasons?) I get a heart tremor every time you talk about transferring, dangit! A man can only take so much! No more talk of this scurrying off unless you're serious! Even so, I would miss you like I do the warm, jubilant afternoon after a wintery morning. You're much too precious to be able to bat around talk of leaving w/o knocking me over the head emotionally while you do so.

So please ... mercy?

11:53 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Er... yeah, what he said. I'm serious. Don't leave us - that would be way too sad.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home