Friday, December 10, 2004

"An Exhausted Smile Screens My Words"

This story has been told and re-told so many times that I'm suspecting the details have all been warped out of all recognition. Yet I still won't write it down. Just ask me for the details if you want to hear the Proposal Story and haven't heard it yet.

Anyway, today was the infamous Black Friday, the first Friday after the Tuesday night University Strings concert. I didn't study outside today, despite how beautiful the weather was. I'm sure I'm blowing everything out of proportion, but really, what good is a crazy proposal story if you can't make a big deal out of it twice a year and refuse to study outside?

I did plenty of studying, though, let me assure you. With the early-morning, hours-long French review that ended with Stephanie, Jane, and I discussing our lives in intimate detail and spilling over into the library atrium. That continued into a practical lesson of how exactly to lure boys in. All you need is a killer smile, apparently. Then happened the two hours of geology review that only stopped when my shot concentration and grumbling belly told me to get out of there and get food.

The rest of the day wasn't exactly filled with studying as I had planned, but filled nonetheless, and given that this is the first reading day I've ever even attempted studying, I'd say I'm ahead of the game.

4 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

Rite about the smileWhat is proposal story??

5:41 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Like I said, I'm not writing it down. IM me or something sometime.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

Have you ever heard of Skype.com?---

11:01 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Nope. Well, I have now. Internet telephony? Y? I don't understand. But it still sounds cool.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home