Friday, December 03, 2004

"You're What I Never Wanna Be"

Do you ever feel bad for mean people? I mean, just sit there and pity them because they're mean and they might be stuck that way forever? I know I have a lot of personality defects, and I try hard to change them, but I keep slipping back and back into my habits and natural inclinations. But at least I'm not mean to people. I have friends and I treat everyone with at least decency. What if that weren't the case? What if my personality defect was that I was mean and I kept slipping back into it and alienated everyone in my life and lived, cold and lonely, under a rock? Or what if I went about my day, thinking I was all cool and everything, and no one ever told me I was mean? What if I hurt people and never, ever knew about it and people talked about it in whispers while I walked by but no one ever confronted me because, hey, I'm mean.

I think I'm in touch with myself to not get too paranoid about this, but I still pity the people that everyone knows are mean but no one ever tells and they can't change anyway, because it's rooted in their personality. Maybe I should take up some kind of collection for them.

1 Comments:

Blogger juxtaposer said...

You're not socially inept. A lot of people think you're hilarious. Hilarious people cannot be socially inept, the two just don't go together. Plus, as the epitome of cool, I grant you coolness. If people try to argue with that, send them my way. There's no way they can get around arguing with me without looking like total rejects.

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home