Sunday, April 24, 2005

So, I'm back. I feel the need to apologize to just about everyone. Some people really do deserve an apology, others, well, I just want people to stop fighting. It really hurts me.

There were a lot of good things about this weekend. A lot. Here's a thank you to Keely for being normal and sane. I love talking to the girl, because she always manages to put everything into a great perspective. Another thank you to Kristin who came to hang out with me before I left, and who made ma laugh a ton, and who kicked off this summer's Quotable Quotes. To Dallan, who managed to impress the pants off of me (not literally), and who makes a great confederate and who gives awesome Knowing Looks. To Steve, who talked to me for a long time in the frigid front room with the wet carpet, and who looks like Brooklyn. The resemblance is almost scary, but more just plain cool. To Rachael, who tried her best to be rational, and whose side I understand. And to Art, who cannot spell referential, who has an obsession with softness, and who is going through more than anyone could ever imagine, yet who still finds time for other people. His generosity amazes me as much as his french toast, and, though I know he's not perfect, I adore the boy, even when he doesn't wake up.

One bad thing about this weekend: Do not see Fever Pitch ever ever ever, not even if someone is threatening to kill you and your family. My instincts are infallible, but it was still kinda fun ish, at least with everyone mocking the movie.

I have a lot more to write about, but I'm going to do that over the next several days. I just wanted to say hi again, and now I'm off to eat.

P.S. Eating? Yeah, good stuff.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and to Jennifer, John, Clayton, and Valerie for ditching your apartment two days early having neither packed all of your shiz nor done any cleaning.

Tar and feathers!

5:45 AM  
Blogger hana said...

Beth,

I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know how nice it was to meet you. There usually aren't a whole lot of new faces in my realm of existence and yours was a very welcome one.

-Hannah

8:47 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Oh yeah, and thanks to Clayton for the lovely text message. I SAID I had stuff to apologize for, and that's some stuff. And what do you mean, I didn't pack all of my stuff?

P.S. There was no ditching involved. I had my plane ticket for months, and that was the plan. I'm sorry the other plan was to move in to the apartment on Saturday when I was ALREADY GONE, but, ya know, you guys offered. Thanks.

P.P.S. You weren't in my weekend, so you didn't get a thanks in that post.

6:04 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Oh, and I didn't mean to neglect you, Hannah. It was really nice to meet you, even though the conditions weren't the best... the whole up-all-night-writing-a-paper thing. Have an awesome time in Texas! And stay cool, yo.

9:17 PM  
Blogger tuesday said...

Well, most stuff was packed and now that it's over, I say, "It's okay"...only in retrospect, though. I suppose my stress was in large part due to my lack of preparation for moving day due to my working like a maniac for Doug and doing a million finals and movies the week before.

On another note: Our new apartment is SO much better. Hallelujah. Soon, all the extra boxes and bedding will be in storage and it will be even better. And then, you'll be back and Provo will be right again. You know, I've only ever been in this town for a total of like, eight or nine days without you? Crazy.

Brooklyn ROCKS.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home