Friday, April 15, 2005

"Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now"

HOW I SPENT MY READING DAYS, Part Two: Friday.

Art sent me a couple stories to read around 3 a.m., but when I had gotten through them, he had fallen asleep, so I was left to my own thoughts for a while. I lay there, head resting on arms crooked under my head, and just travelled, seemingly forever. Eventually my thoughts strayed from what I had read to other paths. I tried to go to sleep, but my mind wouldn't shut off. I lay there until a little after six; I remember hearing the birds wake up and start chirping, and I smiled to myself, as I have SO many memories of going to bed to that sound.

Woke up to Russell calling me. He asked if he had woken me up, and I totally lied and said no. I do that somewhat frequently, actually, and I'm not sure why. He was calling to confirm our lunch meeting time. Then Rachael called and we had a long talk about kissing boys, actually. I managed to not throw up, which I consider to be a great victory, and got dressed. Then I checked the temperature and got re-dressed in real pants because Utah doesn't know it's spring and should be warm, especially when I have a frisbee I'm dying to play with and have actual time to play with it. Jerks.

Jaunted off to meet That Wussell Kid. Saw ten billion twelve-year-olds; Russell came up to me as I was staring at some child walking around jabbering on a cell phone. When did twelve-year-olds learn how to use cell phones?? Anyway, it fascinated me, and led to interesting visits in the ol' memory vaults. We had lunch, and I spilled lemonade on my pants. I'm classy like that.

Came back by way of the RB. Investigated how to get onto the cieling. Read some from Illusion, which is my favorite book, then cracked down and got to cozying up to my climatology textbook. I am such an idiot. I studied for an hour before looking at the review sheet, which told me I only had to know information from the last four chapters, instead of the whole sixteen. I could kill myself for such stupidity. Ugh. But it gets better. I spent an hour trying to learn the lettering system for the Koeppen climactic models, then looked again on the study guide and, reading more carefully, saw that I didn't have to know the lettering system. I focused my efforts more on archeoclimatology from then on, which is far kinder to me.

Jennifer and I headed up to campus to grab dinner from the Wilk. I made a huge mess of my wrap (they always give me too much ham and tomatoes), and we talked for a while, until I got a strange and sudden craving for some miniature Reese's cups. Weird. I never get cravings. I saw Misty working at the Cougar Express, and we stopped to talk to her for a while while she cleaned the custard machine.

Right now I'm exhausted and not looking to doing much of anything exciting for the rest of tonight. I'd just like to register that this is the first reading day in the history of my studenthood here at BYU that I've actually cracked a textbook. 11 tomorrow, and I'll be taking my first final. Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eloi

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And exactly how many cell minutes did you and Rachael use up? (Speaking of children jabbering on cell phones...)
And exactly what is wrong with kissing boys? I even enjoy kissing a 52-yr-old man on a regular basis.

8:45 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Momm!! Ack, I'm scarred.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Thanks for remembering.

12:41 PM  
Blogger tuesday said...

Phantom Planet.

Bangarang.

I like how I'm the only one who plays this game.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home