Tuesday, May 17, 2005

"The Black Widow Drains The Blood Of Butterflies"

There is a corner of my room I don't go near. Geographically, it is located the farthest from my head when I sleep; it feels foreign to me. I won't even dust there, though dust is my mortal enemy, because it is dark and quiet and undisturbed, and a perfect spot for spiders. I know they're there, skittering their macabre ballets in the dust. Don't think I'm overly paranoid and imagining things; one showed its spindly legs just the other day, lurking on the wall until the cover of darkness hid its shape. I sat there looking at it for a time, delighted that I didn't panic, feeling the breath whisper in and out of my lungs quite steadily and normally. Once I realized what I was doing, I left the spider to its own devices and quit my room, certain that where one is, more will come.

Arachnophobia will kill me... curses on you, JJ.

7 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

hello from gaithersburg ,30 computers ,the out of order signs are in 6 languages

2:37 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Hahaha, really? Do you know what languages they chose?

6:09 PM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

there are about 20 languages on the welcome sign.symbols unknown to me. no ABCetc.

6:29 PM  
Blogger tuesday said...

You know, I told you Arachnophobia was a bad idea...but noooo. Had to go and make that deal, didn't you? I don't think this is going to end well for you. But, we'll, uh, do something so you don't die of fright. I'm working on a gameplan.

9:32 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

My gameplan is to de-wimpify myself. Progress has already been made. Okay, that might be a lie, but at least I have a plan in place.

If that fails, then I don't know WHAT to do. It's not like I can just break a promise; I'm all about the whole loyalty thing. Oh, well, it should be a fun time at least.

1:42 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

P.S. That was Mark on my wall, btw. He's gotten bigger.

1:53 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Maybe you can pretend like Mark is Charlotte from Charlotte's Web.... but then there's a pig in your room, lol.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home