Wednesday, June 22, 2005

"Slowly I Begin To Realize This Is Never Going To End"

Went away for the weekend again. That drive to BV is getting way too familiar to be any good for me (not only COULD I drive it in my sleep, I probably have, at least a little), but I can't help it. Not while there are parks to play in. So my weekend was a lot of fun: a lot of trips to Blockbuster (ah, memories), a lot of claiming my spot on the couch, a lot of MacGuyver. Hehe, that MacGuyver, always saving the day.

I got back Monday evening in time to shower and drive to Jefferson to pick Megan up. We headed back to Frederick and caught Batman Begins. I am NOT going to be like the 13,268,749 other women who have blogged so far saying things like "mmm mmm, what a hottie." Please people, you are trivializing him. Can we not focus instead on the way he OWNED his character? He is Batman. That is all I should have to say -- Christian Bale is Batman. Also, go see the movie. Also, leave me lots of IMs telling me all about it and how I should see it. Nick (hi, Nick!) is basically the perfect friend in this regard. Everyone, be like Nick.

Then it was time to go back to work. That was yesterday. Yesterday, I died. Eight hours of having my soul stripped from my bones is quite enough, thank you, did we really have to make it TWELVE? I came home and speech was too far for me. I showered, said hi to some people online, napped (thank you to everyone who left me a sweet message), woke up and snatched the computer for my own, and ruined everything. I have a habit of doing that once every few weeks or so. This is why I am not the ruler of a major country. Yet.

I dragged myself onto the floor this morning and went to work and ruined everything still further and worked and worked and FINALLY FINISHED. Today = not so hot. But tonight I'm going out with the whole family to celebrate my older brother's birthday. Maybe. Part of me is considering begging them to leave me at home to get much-needed alone time, but I would probably just hop online and talk to people because I am a six-year-old in too many ways sometimes.

I have no good way of ending this. Um, I have to go do stuff now. Bye.

3 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

According to maps.google it's 179mi. and 4.4 hr. to BV

7:44 PM  
Blogger Mama Luce said...

I want to see that movie soo bad!! Hannah and I will probably go together, so I'll let you know what we think. Oh, and speaking of good movies, Have you seen Mr. and Mrs. Smith? If not, I HIGHLY reccomend it. Not only are the action scenes extremely well executed, and the acting... well, let's face it... BRAD PITT AND ANGELINA JOLIE... (how can you go wrong with a cast like that!?!?),k but the slight predictability in the plot is completely compensated by the brilliantly witty script. Anyway, go see it and let me know what you think. If nothing else go for the eye candy. Oh, and Vince Vaughn isn't too bad on the eyes either :)

9:50 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

maps.google.com is so wrong it almost hurts me. The time estimates, anyway, and the directions are confusing like heck. Mapquest is a much better site for that kind of thing. As for stalking usage, Google wins hands down. Just think, I could be looking at your street riiiight now. Muahahaha.

Angelina Jolie is crazy. I think she and Tom Cruise should hook up and make little crazy babies together. Yeah, that's the new plan.

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home