Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Blah Blah Blah, I Loved You And You Killed Me, Typical Morbid Bright Eyes Lyrics, Blah Blah Blah

Rachael really is a lovely girl (at least some of the time), and there is no one else I'd buy CDs with, or watch Mandy Moore/Freddie Prinze, Jr. (they're the same person, I swear) movies with, or order too much food at T.G.I. Friday's with, or sit on a log with my feet in the Shenandoah with, but. She listens to too much Bright Eyes. And when we're going someplace (or even noplace), I am subjected to the same.

Well, so. I was talking to Nick the other night, and Nick being my musical consultant and just all-around funny guy, I asked him what he thought of Bright Eyes, and specifically of Conor Oberst, Bright Eyes' frontman. This is why I loves me some Nick...
There are a few songs of [Conor's] I enjoy, but he scares me...I think that's why I like (some of) his music, I'm scared that if I don't, he will come stab me in the arm, pull out a few of my veins, and wear them as shoe laces.
Go read some of the lyrics, and then cry for me. Cry and cry and cry, and maybe send a delegation to secretly smuggle all of Rachael's CDs away so we can listen to Tom Petty and Remy Zero and Ben Folds instead.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

If anything happens to my Bright Eyes cds, I know exactly where to get new shoe laces. And ig you would have been screaming and crying and convulsing and wrecking the car, I'd have changed the cd.

2:58 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

You did the change the CD, and I didn't even have to wreck the car. And my veins won't make very good shoelaces, the lady who took my blood said something about them being...something. I've forgotten now. But it's something bad, and when they didn't hold your shoes on your feet, you could fall down some stairs and die.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Or I could just make like Conor and write a song about death and then tell you it's a happy song.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Corith Malin said...

You're right, you did update your blog. I guess that's cool.

I am happy to say that I know not who Bright Eyes is/are. And that must be a good thing.

Thanks for hanging out last night. I know it takes a lot to degrade yourself to be my friend, but I appreciate it *grin*.

On a brighter note. Ummm. Nevermind, I guess there isn't a brighter note.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home