Thursday, September 01, 2005

I Had That Dream Again Where I Was Lost For Good In Outerspace

I don't think I want to have nightmares anymore. I don't think I want to wake up like this for the rest of forever. I like startlement at 3 a.m. and delirious ramblings about something pleasant I can't even remember and being wrapped in a blanket with maybe a movie on somewhere in the distant background. Or I'd take the stars singing me to sleep again; yes, with sometimes the moon peeking at me, chiming in. I'd trade pillows for a shoulder. I don't think I'm all that strange. But this lateness feels too lonely now to keep me until dawn, and so I must sleep, unguarded, unguided, unfriended, sneaking in hoarded voicemails.

Please don't call me cryptic. I just don't think I want to have nightmares anymore.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

I bet you can stop them by not thinking about them. That's how I got rid of my dreams.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

Acording to dream theory people only remember the dreams they are having while they are waking up

8:12 AM  
Blogger Corith Malin said...

According to dream theory, dreams are just a theory *grin*

9:34 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I don't want to stop dreaming entirely, stevo. I think it's the change in altitude and the homesickness and all the change that is triggering it. Not emotional trauma as is usually the case.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Oh right, you like dreaming. I'll never understand that about people.

7:26 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

A dream? About me? How flattering!

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home