Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Memories of Yesterdays

I was gone this weekend and I'm leaving in a few hours again. Maybe someday I'll come back and tell stories of my grand adventures, but until that day, I leave you with a memory of the moonlight flooding the white tips of the waves and sparking on the cold surf as it rushes over sand to grab at bare toes; a memory of shivery gull cries echoing over the grey-morning bay and hovering like saline in the air; and a memory of a tiny yellow light glowing in the darkness over a page, bringing into contrast the black print of a story spun by knowing hands, a story to "make you believe in God" as the jacket claims. These memories I leave you -- enjoy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I too have a faith promoting story:

One time a friend told me about a dream she'd had...
she dreamt that she and God were walking along a beach. She looked back and during all the hard parts there was only one set of footprints. My friend asked God why that was. God told her, "My child, those were the times when I was on your back."

2:48 AM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

cosmic events

7:23 AM  
Blogger Corith Malin said...

One time I was a defibulator.

7:43 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

How did that go for ya, Craig?

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home