Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Eve (Eve) In My Hometown

I walked in the door and had to smile. My mom had left me a very enthusiastic note taped to the entryway, where notes always go, and the little Christmas tree was a-glitter with lights, and the snowmen were out in full force in the kitchen. I looked up just now and saw how her nutcracker army has grown, and there is a cat purring beside me as I type this.

I do miss the bubble lights, though, and the kids' tree, and the old nativity that I used to play with and always pretend to be the angel ("Hey, Jaela, every time a bell rings, an angel DIES." "I think you mean 'gets its wings.'" "Oh."), and the race car track, but hey, it's home enough for me.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA, oh Beth I miss you. You always make me laugh.

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home