Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hello, Craig

I know, I know. Blogs are an easy way to keep up on someone's life without having to go through that hassle of calling them and holding a conversation, ugh, so tired. So it's great when people have blogs! Especially people you're secretly stalking! And incredibly frustrating when they constantly withhold the juicy details.

Want some juicy details?

I have a 9 - 5 job, people. 8 - 4:30, really, but it's in that 9 - 5 category. Sometimes interesting things happen on my job, like that time I left a voicemail for someone named Harry Dickey (no joke, I even wrote it down in my notebook to remember always), and because I am a twelve-year-old, I had to text my friend Dan to let him know. It's nice to have friends like that, especially when they return the favor. Also, there are three young men whom I work in close proximity with that I have nicknamed Sketch, Creeps, and Yikes. I'll probably be telling many, many stories about them in the near & upcoming future until they are fired for crimes against humanity and general shiveriness. Dickens wrote about these guys a hundred and some years ago. They are that level of amazing, and obviously not in a good way.

Beyond that, my job is not exciting. No juiciness there.

When I come home from work, I make dinner. After dinner, I read my scriptures, work out, clean up, go for a four-mile run, come back, and start thumbing through whatever philosophical text I'm combing through that evening. Right now it's Aristotle's Politics. I want to know, really understand, if a country actually needs a military to be prosperous. And why. And what is prosperity, anyway.

That is what I do. I go to bed before midnight. I bake (incredibly delicious) muffins for potlucks. I give talks in church.

Oh, and I field phone calls from some of the most interesting, entertaining people on this planet, barring Stephen Colbert himself. And given that only one person ever calls me regularly (maybe one and a half), I guess he gets all the credit for that himself. It's your choice, people: Share in the wealth, or silently lurk my blog.





P.S. If you actually, sincerely believed that what I outlined is really all I do, then you don't know me very well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mooney said...

Lurk.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Corith Malin said...

Sweet. Now I'm famous AND I know all your secrets!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please change the battery in the webcam

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home