Thursday, June 05, 2008

An Update On Work, My Way

Today at work we tried signing into the system with our brand new IDs and passwords, which of course failed miserably, so our trainer was on the phone with IT for a good hour or so. Which left us free to mill about and talk amongst ourselves - !!! I got paid to sit around and chat. This is truly an amazing country.

So of course we spent a good portion of our time coming up with creative ways to kill each other, and in the interest of full disclosure, I probably have the market cornered in original, grisly demises.

Like anyone here is surprised.

I also met some of my soon-to-be team members and introduced myself, and then went skipping (literally) across the production floor, certainly not drawing any attention to myself in my pink, butterfly'd clothing. Basically I own the place already.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sold any sub-prime mortgages yet ?

2:10 AM  
Blogger Arguendo said...

Did you consider this method for grisly deaths? Get a particularly low riding sports car with a steeply angled hood. Something like a Lamborghini Marcielago, then get an animal to stand in the road with particularly long limbs... something like a moose. Then place people within various vectorial positions so as to ensure that as soon as you hit said moose the airborne carcass will squash at least one of the bystanders. Then drive the Lambo at top speed into the moose. Did anyone suggest that?

8:16 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

No. No one did. Here are the reasons I love this comment:

1. Interestingly grisly death. Points for creativity.

2. Suggestion of a specific make and model - not that I'm surprised, remember when you taught me everything I would ever need to know about high end performance machines? - showing your depth of knowledge on the subject.

3. Vectorial positions. Ah, be still my heart.

4. Any comment involving a moose is supremely worthwhile.

5. Your face.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home