Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The Persephone Factor

What is it about pomegranate that is so irresistible? I swear, if you put pomegranate juice, or seeds, or scent, or probably IDEA into a product, I will see it and feel compelled to buy it. And then I will feel so good about myself, so complete and nourished, and for some reason, prettier.

And I want to know what it is, what archetypal whisper keeps nudging me to do these things. Next thing you know, I'll be traipsing down to the Underworld, saying my last goodbyes to sunlight and happiness, trading it all away for the sweet promise of pomegranate.

The stuff is even littered with seeds! I HATE seeds. Above all things, I hate seeds, as long as you count pulp under the seed category, and believe me, I do. But it smells so.... And it tastes so.... And it is so very, very red.

1 Comments:

Blogger juxtaposer said...

Jared. One time I actually made some poor Panera employee check the orange juice to see if it had pulp or not. I felt really bad, and I apologized about 57 times for being such a demanding customer, but I really, really wanted orange juice, and pulp really, really is the worst thing ever invented.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home