Saturday, October 09, 2004

"The Ending Is All That Matters"

Today has been wonderful so far. I slept in until 10. I have absolutely no plans. And to top it off, I talked to a random guy on the phone for a while who has excellent taste in music. How do I know? He likes "The East Coast Anthem." Need I say more? For those of you not acquainted with the song, allow me to familiarize you:
Walkin' on the streets of DC
on the East Coast where I live
you say "what's the problem?"
"what's with this angry kid?"
You dont like the way I walk
or the way I talk,
or the way I swing my hands,
you dont like the words I speak,
or the thoughts I think
and I know you'll never understand.

You know,
on the East Coast we ride until we die

With my staunch East Coast pride, it's easy to see why I love this song.

And that was my day. How empty I feel, and yet, how filled. Oh, and "Eat, Drink, Man, Woman" is a great movie. Chinese films usually are; they move, unlike Eastern European/Middle Eastern/French flicks.

One last thing: I am listening to a song right now, and I have NO IDEA what band this is. And it's a small, underground band, so googling the lyrics will do me no good. Trust me, I've tried. I know something you don't know/You hid something obvious from me. Anyone know it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Taylor Hellewell said...

What do you mean by "move"? I suppose I can't speak of Chinese films as of yet but I know that a Japanese film-maker by the name of Ozu would leave the camera at knee-level more or less, the eye-level you would be at if you were sitting at a Japanese tea, for example. And it really never "moves." Or did you mean emotionally?

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home