Monday, October 18, 2004

"Home, Is This the Quiet Place Where You Should Be Alone?"

Two things.

I love cleaning the apartment. There is something so fulfilling about cleaning your own space, making things orderly and nice. There is a power and a peace in it. And it's a great time for thinking. I usually listen to my Something Corporate CD while I clean. It's actually my dishwashing CD, but I'm flexible, I can branch out.

The weather took a turn for the much colder today. It was one of those gray, overcast days that just taste of winter. And I sat in the library and looked out at a snow-spotted mountain, and the stillness of those moments was beautiful. Everyone should have a space like that. So don't come find me when I'm in the library. Chances are I'll smile and talk to you, but I'll secretly hate you for intruding on me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Taylor Hellewell said...

I'm not going to humiliate myself by trying to write as wittily as the Lizzenator. If I may, I'll just express my continued appreciation for her noteworthy contribution to the rare literate lexicon of Internet English.

3:35 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Psssssh. Purely accidental, I assure you. You can be just as "witty" as I, in only three easy steps!

1. Please yourself. I just like to have fun.
2. Start rambling. Who knows what will come out!
3. Throw in a few barbs. Let people know you're the cool. Not The Cool, of course, because that's me, and I don't hold with stolen identities.

That's the big secret. Or whatever.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home