Saturday, October 16, 2004

"Playing Music is All That I Really Know"

Did I just invite two guys I've never laid eyes on before over to my apartment in the event that BYU won the game tonight? Why yes, yes I did. Good thing we never win, especially not our Homecoming game. A little statistic for the unknowing: last year, we lost 13-58. I stayed for the whole game. My heart cannot take another loss like that, and so here I sit.

Well, not quite. I just returned from seeing the movie Osama. My roommate and I walked home in silence. That movie is the reason they have closing credits. There is no way someone with emotions could watch that movie and get up right afterward. The emotions just weigh on you too heavily. I may not be loved, but at least I have the power to choose whom I will love or live with. I don't have to be sold into emotional and physical slavery just for trying to feed my family. Religious oppression to the extreme... of course, it was so easy to see from the outside. But how many times do we take our own religions to the extreme without realizing it? How careless are we with other people's hearts and homes and lives?

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Did you get that title from the Plain White T's????? As in "Can't Turn Away"?

2:16 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

YES!!! I adore the Plain White T's... I recently discovered them and must have all their music. It was love at first sight. (Listen? Read?) We must talk.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I love the PWTs so much... My friend got me into them my freshmen year, and I saw them at warped tour a year ago (and took pictures if you want to see sometime). "Stop" was a great album, and "Anything" was a great follow-up... Has their new album come out yet? How did you first hear about them?

11:24 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Purevolume.com... they're featured on it this week. Man, I love that site. And yeah, I'd love to see your pictures.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home