Monday, October 11, 2004

"You'll Be the Tenth Girl on My List"

I just noticed the button that will insert blockquote for you. And to think, I was doing it manually for so long. The only thing that prevents me from looking like a complete stupid moron is the fact that I know how to do it manually, and that is a useful skill. It won't put dinner on the table, no, but who eats dinner when there are posts to tinker with?

Do you know who's great? Russell. And he's Not Taken, for all you ladies out there who want to know. These are all excerpts from conversations I've had with him.
-"You are quite the man's lady."
-"You're like a mentos cannon." "I'm a mannon!"
-"If you're going to steal, do it the cool way."
-"Those rich whelps!"
-"If I were a newspaper, I would aspire to be in a trash can."
-"And they would be like, 'Where did you get that megaphone?'"
-"If you lay here long enough, you would get buried by leaves." "They would get blown away." "Not if you wore velcro."
-"I have a weird fascination with yardwork, I won't lie to you."
-"They can't afford Central American superheroes. Their economy can't handle it."

I had some real rocky road ice cream today. The kind with actual marshmallow bits, not the swirl stuff. I'm pretty particular about my rockey road, and Provo doesn't have the good stuff in their grocery stores. I really miss it. It's my favorite kind of ice cream, of course. I actually had an interesting conversation with an aquaintance about it. He wanted to know if any other flavor would ever tempt me. I guess he was taken aback at my choice or my devotion or something. I had to laugh inside; he had no idea what he was even asking me. Poor boy. So I told him there might be "better" flavors, but rocky road was still my flavor of choice. Satisfying in every way, and exactly what a girl wanted. Nothing would change my mind. I guess I'm stubbornly loyal or something.

Maybe those all should have been different posts because they're so disjointed, but I don't like thirteen tiny posts per day, and I honestly can't think of a way to string them together. Some English major I'm turning out to be.

One last thing before I go: this summer's word was compelling. I used it a lot, and I really enjoyed it. This fall's word is nebulous. I've been noticing myself using it a lot lately, and I really like it, so there you are. Nebulous. Clouds. Chances.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

Compelling is in the past. And I'm a fan of the word chances. It works. At least for now. And I'm drinking a soda. I just wanted to say that because I love how you hate how I drink soda. And you know how sometimes it hurts when I breathe? Well today one of those times was for you. Because I luuuu you.

12:09 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

The Cotton Gins. "It Hurts to Breathe." And that's all I have to say about that.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home