Monday, January 31, 2005

"You Don't Know What It's Like to Be Like Me"

It's hard to be me. I know you'll all sit back and say, Well, it's hard to be me too, kid, suck it up and deal with it.

That is not my point. You misread me. Jerks. The emphasis was not on "hard," it was on "me." And since none of you are me (not even those of you who really, really want to be me; we live in reality, people), you don't know what it's like. Bart is sooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I promise to wear his ring forever.

...To continue. You don't know what it's like to be me. The pressure to always BE ME. What if I don't want to be me today? I can't take a vacation. I can't slam a resignation on some bigshot's desk, shooting him a haughty look and striding defiantly out the door.

Okay. Yes, I possibly could. My point? I know that bad things always happen when you start taking yourself too seriously. That shouldn't be a problem; goodness knows it took me nineteen years to learn how to have a serious conversation. (And even now, that octopus will find its way into things... I pity those of you who have not witnessed the octopus.) What happens, though, when you become conscious of the fact that you deliberately don't take yourself seriously? Then you walk a fine, delicate line, flirting with insanity the way Charlotte flirts with hockey players.

The moral of the story? Everyone deserves a blog entry like this. I think it would lead to more world unity if everyone understood that no one understands, and then accepted anyway.

[Writing credits are shared jointly by Liz and Bart. I'm sure a careful observer will be able to figure out who wrote what.]

7 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Beautiful.

Which song did you intend that title to be from? Cause I believe that's the title of one of my favorite Britney Spears' songs...

1:22 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Britney Spears and Simple Plan, shake hands.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

b!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What happens, though, when you become conscious of the fact that you deliberately don't take yourself seriously?"

I turn 11. I'm pretty sure we had a Star Wars cake.

1:13 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Star Wars cake? How does one go about having a Star Wars cake?

2:13 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Aah, philosophical premises. You know, this is just like the old days when the duke if "ish" used to come around here. Modus tollens and all.

And you're right, The Chipmunk, I cannot save the world. Not enough people read my blog. But that is my dream, to go out and fight crime and indifference and ignorance until I explode into a bajizillion pieces, splattering all over the pavement somewhere. I'll make the news that way, and maybe more people will listen.

Woah. Did you hear that? That was an idea for a paper just formulating in my head. I love it when that happens.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I the think it is true, I don't know how hard it is to be her, and yet she doesn't know how hard it is to be me. Nice entry!!!!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home