Tuesday, February 08, 2005

"I Got Soul But I'm Not a Soldier"

Mac FINALLY e-mailed me and let me know about the Open Mic Night. I've had The Killers song "All These Things That I've Done" in my head for how many months now? And I'll finally be able to get it out. Unless he decides to do it again, which would actually be okay.

Let me just say that I love live music. I live right down the street from Muse Music, and how often do I ever take advantage of it? Shameful. Really, really shameful. Exquisitely, horrifically, perniciously shameful. Egregiously, preposterously, scandalously, bitterly... okay, stopping. But I'd just like to point out that The Early November performed there last year, and where was I? Not with Nick getting Ace Enders' guitar pick, that's where. I hate myself.

So I'm declaring today New Year's Day, and I'm making a resolution to take advantage of all the live music opportunities I can. Which I'm thinking should also include a trip to hear the Utah Symphony because holy fricative do I miss good, live classical music.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Oh man... That's the best new year's resolution ever. Let's do it. And that Killers song always makes me think of Mac and that other guy who played it live. Makes me so happy.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home