Wednesday, February 02, 2005

"If that ain't groundhog, I'll be derned"

And now, for the news you've all been waiting in breathless anticipation for (or at least I have; but I'm from Pennsylvania originally, so Punxsutawney [and yes, I know how to spell that without looking it up] is of great import to me)...

Six more weeks of winter, folks.

Were I with my grandfather right now, he would be reciting the pledge to the groundhog in the low German we silly Americans got confused and started calling Dutch. Complete with hand motions. It's really too fabulous, we should all take a field trip and go visit him today in honor of the rodential festivities.

P.S. You should definitely do a search of the lyrics I titled this post with. They're great, and I promise you won't regret it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Yeh... I'm so happy. Maby they will be snow on Mt. Hood. YEH!!!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

it's warming up here looks a mild winter

10:27 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Baltazar--it warms up, then it late February, early March, you get a blizzard. I know those sneaky Maryland winters.

Aaron--If only I could impart such wisdom. Alas, I just liked the funny words he was saying and all the little handmotions. And picturing a gathering of old men all doing it in unison. The Pennsylvania Dutch are awesome.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

You were right. Good song, lol.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

from silver spring libaray it's snowing----mildly

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home