Wednesday, May 18, 2005

"I Must Be Dreaming"

Supposedly it's impossible to view numbers (for instance, a digital clock) when you are dreaming. Supposedly.

I always took comfort in that fact, actually, because I had a trick up my sleeve to know if I was sleeping or not. The number of times I have gotten that confused makes it very useful indeed.

Except... except a few nights ago, I was sick, and I got in bed late-ish, and I set my alarm clock for 8:40. I woke up the next morning, picked up my clock to look at it, and it said 10:35, and I panicked. I had a lot of things to do that day, and I was way behind... until I fell asleep again. I woke back up a while later, looked at the clock again, and it said 8:40. I checked my cell phone, and it read 8:40 as well. The clock on my wall offered another confirmation of the time. Turns out I had only dreamed the wrong time.

But wait a second... only?? Not only. I, my friends, have done the impossible. I have been dreaming, and I have seen numbers display themselves correctly on a digital clock. I always knew numbers would get me in the end, and who can tell if I'm even awake as I write this. I will never know anymore. Pity me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

BPH

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was dreaming.

6:52 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I wish I were too, believe you me.

P.S. The space bar sticks.

No, wait, I think I fixed it. I have to hit it exactly right. How entertaining.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home