Tuesday, October 25, 2005

You Can Tell We Go To BYU

A transcript of a test massaging spree with my roommate earlier today (hooray for unlimited texting)...

Me: I just ran into The Voice.

Jennifer: Frank Sinatra is The Voice. MGM said so.

Me: Well, this was the Mormon The Voice.

Jennifer: You ran into Lloyd Newell??

Me: Uh huh. It was surreal.

Jennifer: I met him once. That voice is...overpowering

Me: I can't believe he's real.

Jennifer: He's like a Mormon demigod.

Me: I am unworthy. I'm going to go ritualistically cleanse myself now or something.


For those of you who don't know who Lloyd Newell is, you're why they invented Google. And for the rest of you, bow before me! BOW!! I have walked on hallowed ground!

Yeah, sometimes I love this school.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have met Loydd Newell several times while working on temple square. He has an awesome voice and is a really nice guy. While we were shooting people would hear his voice and start freaking out and he would say hello and talk to every single person who knew him.

P.S. This of course makes me far better than you.

-Clayton

12:50 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Clayton, at least Jesus doesn't hate me for eating his jelly donut. Think about that, okay?

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I googled him, so now I know who you were referring to. Sorry, I didn't go to BYU. So, can you at least tell us where/how you met him? I did think it was neat that Jennifer knew right off who you meant. But since I pay for the unlimited texting, how about filling me in on the gorier details?

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is nothing. :-) Your grandparents played Bridge with "the King" (hint: golf).

And why aren't you studying?

1:04 AM  
Blogger tuesday said...

I LOVE LLOYD NEWELL!!

I think they should put a statue of him up in the Tabernacle. Or maybe just a large, over-sized painting . . . one with a button you can press and his voice will come over a speaker. But, a talking statue would be the coolest.

1:59 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

There was this time I was sitting on the floor in the JSB when I heard the voice. It was like God himself was having a conversation. Very, very surreal

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home