Friday, February 10, 2006

I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth

There's one in EVERY class, and every office, and every sunday school class. You know what I'm talking about: The "smart guy" who thinks he's an expert/funny, or both at once, and who actually is just annoying and pretentious and has no idea what he's really saying.

I'm NOT knocking on the people who are actually intelligent and/or funny. I welcome those people; I wish there were more of you. Of course, you stay respectably in the background until the appropriate time, instead of prostituting your shabby wares around all over the place, like so much verbal puke.

What I AM saying is this: Kid in my class with the tan baseball cap and the blue sweater, who always carries that gym bag from his place of employment, and who is apparently somehow married -- Shut up. No one likes your jokes. We do not think you are funny. And if you force the professor to do an hour of MATH PROOFS on the board instead of giving us an interesting lecture on a subject I (willingly!) signed up for ONE MORE TIME, I will be forced to pass you a note with this blog post's title written in stark black ink.

Sigh.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so fun when you're scary.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Corith Malin said...

So wait. Should I take off my tan baseball-cap, or should I shut up? I'm confused.

2:00 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Silly boy, I'm ALWAYS fun. Or does that mean that I'm always scary?

7:39 PM  
Blogger jacob said...

I completely agree. Some people need to know when to speak, and how much they should allow verbiage to spill from their lips.

I think it is worse though when you have such a person in a religious setting. I mean, it is much more difficult to tell someone, "I don't care if you've had a spiritual experience, just shut up about it."

3:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um...how about, you raize not just a hand...but make your ARM evident...and do it all with just THAT byg styck and a softer voice dOoDz??

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How would it be to feel an enemy of tyme?...You kan praktikally kall me Kurt cobaine with that much Eminence guyz

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home