Saturday, March 04, 2006

I Don't Have Many Talents, But This Is One Of My Favorites

Kristin and I were both hungry, both bored, and both interested in hanging out, so she came over to my apartment so we could chat for a bit, then we decided to go to Red Robin and get some food.

The wait at red Robin was about forty-five minutes to an hour, so we of course headed out into the mall (the Red Robin in Provo is in the Provoe Towne Centere, or however it's spelled, which is a mall) to go not spend the money we don't have in the first place.

We were a little worried about time, because we didn't want to be stranded at the mall, but we also wanted to eat, and McDonald's really wasn't appealing. We lucked out, though, and after forty-five minutes they called our name, and our waitress was pretty snappy bringing out the plates and plates (and plates!) of food we ordered. Of course we thought the whole production was hilarious and laughed throughout the meal, amazed at all the food we had in front of us. That's just how things go when you're hanging out with Kristin.

We didn't finish all of our food. We knew when we saw how much food was in the appetizers alone that we had no prayer of finishing, not with our burgers still on the way and my milkshake sitting in front of me, etc. etc. etc. I don't think we even TRIED to finish it all; I know I didn't. We got boxes. We ate as much as we could, put our burgers in our boxes, paid our bill, and left.

As we were walking out of the mall, I noticed that I didn't have my box in my hand, which was weird, because I had definitely had it in my hand as we were leaving the restaurant.

Allow me to repeat that: The burger box I had had in my hand only three minutes prior had somehow DISAPPEARED. Vanished. Into thin air. I had nowehre to put it down, and Kristin and I hadn't stopped walking. I KNOW I would have remembered it if I had chucked it across the mall floor or tossed it into a trashcan. I probably would have noticed if someone had jerked it out of my hand and taken off running. I know; I'm just as baffled as you are. How does one lose a hamburger?

Would it be even funnier if I told you that THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED? Almost two years ago, Kristin, Rachael, and I were out at the T.G.I. Friday's back home, and I didn't finish my hamburger, so I had it wrapped up in a box and put it in my car. I went to get out of my car a few minutes later, and the hamburger wasn't there. I didn't leave it in the restaurant, either, I definitely put it IN MY CAR.

I don't know how this happens. I don't know if someone more powerful than I is messing with me, or if I somehow stumble into alternate universes from time to time, or if I'm secretly magical and can make things disappear at will but since I don't have any proper training it's only worked on doggie-bag hamburgers so far. I just don't know.

But Kristin and I laughed pretty hard about the whole thing.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES!!!! i had soo much fun tonite i can't wait to do it again haha!!! i looove you!!

-Kristin :)

3:07 AM  
Blogger jacob said...

I think you've been victimized by the Hamburglar.

6:03 AM  
Blogger adam said...

this is an incredible phenomenon. and someone should get to the bottom of it.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

You disapear burgers. And I love it!

7:14 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I'm thinking someone needs to make a documentary about me.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home