Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Coming In Like A Lion, Methinks

I got hailed on today as I was walking on to campus for my night class. I got hailed on while wearing a thin jacket, and a thin jacket only. (Well, and pants and a t-shirt, and a bookbag, but those are givens. I assure you.)

It was kind of a pleasant experience, actually, in an odd sort of way. I like interacting with weather, and I was already happy that a thunderstorm had made its crackling way to Utah Valley. I just walked and sort of relished the experience of small hailstones striking my body -- it's not everyday that that happens.

And then I had a good laugh at my appearance when I walked into the bathroom to towel my sopping face off. I must say, if anyone can rock the drowned puppy look, I can, and I can do it with style.

2 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

according to "Riply's Believe It or Not" it hailed elephant size halestones in India once.

2:01 PM  
Blogger jacob said...

I think I was in the same storm yesterday walking home from campus. When I left, the sidewalks were dry, with some thunder in the distance. About halfway home it started hailing. But because I was already wet, and the chill from the wind felt colder than frozen, each little ball of ice felt like little knifes cutting my unprotected head. I half expected to be bloody when I got home, but don't worry, I was just wet and pathetic looking.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home