Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Let's Try To Get Beyond The Drama

February is drawing swiftly to a close, and with its ending, bringing the start of the best month of the year. That's right, March is almost upon us. There are many reasons we should like March:

-In elementary school, we got to take time out of learning our multiplication tables and that Henry VIII had six wives to color pictures of little lions and lambs. The point of this exercise escapes me, as I have no recollection of any meteorological link being brought up, but who cares. WE GOT TO COLOR.

-Since March does, indeed, either come in like a lion or out like a lamb, or come in like a lamb or go out like a lion, no one really has any idea WHAT is going on with this crazy month, or how to dress for the weather. And since I can't dress myself normally, I fit right in, finally.

-The Academy Awards are being hosted by Jon frickin' Stewart this year, ladies and gentlemen. Who doesn't love that?

-The Ides of March. Someone should throw a party.

-So many people have birthdays in March. Happy birthday! And if there's a birthday, there's a chance that there will be funfetti cake sitting there for me to devour. I love funfetti cake. Like I told my friend Geneius the other night, it's fun, and there's edible confetti in it. EDIBLE CONFETTI. You cannot argue with logic like that, peoples (and that is why I make such a great philosopher).

-Elder Brown comes home. In ten days. Ten. That's right, ten. At which time, he will swiftly kill me for falling off the writing-him-once-a-week-every-week horse and landing on the I-haven't-mailed-a-letter-since-August cold, hard ground. Jennifer keeps mentioning his homecoming in a terribly excited voice, and can't really understand why I want to throw up every time she does. She was a good friend. A responsible friend. Who actually mailed the letters she wrote. Instead of starting them and forgetting about them and letting them pile up in various notebooks scattered throughout my room. SHE has nothing to worry about. But it'll be fun to have him home again, too, so it's another tick for March.

This actually wasn't supposed to turn into a post about March; I apologize. What I really wanted to say is that some of you (most of you!) have restored my faith in decency. I want to take this opportunity to tell you to click here and keep the campaign going.

4 Comments:

Blogger adam said...

i'm gonna be honest, i don't completely love the idea of jon stewart hosting the oscars. don't get me wrong, i love him. but the oscars is not really his sort of show. that's being said, i suppose it doesn't really matter since i won't be watching them cause we only get fox here. darn crappy antenna.

oh, and march is indeed quite awesome.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Mooney said...

My birthday is Saturday!!!!!!!!!

6:18 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

See? SEE what I said about birthdays and March being a great month all-around? Happy almost-birthday.

Oh, and Adam: I'll be watching, and I'll let you know how he does. Who knows, maybe he'll revolutionize the whole program. Maybe hijinks will even ensue!

7:27 PM  
Blogger adam said...

i hope hilarity ensues.

i love when hilarity ensues.

just like in movies.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home