Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I Know You've Missed Me

I haven't blogged in so long because the internet has been cut off from me.

There was a time when this would have caused instant panic. Don't get me wrong, it's still highly disconcerting. But I have that job thing and that Art and Mike Are Awesome and Must Be Hung Out With As Much As Possible thing and maybe even some of that maturity thing, where I've gotten to the point that I realize I will not explode if I do not have access to everything that has ever gone on ever. I may strain a great deal, and sweat, and be made uncomfortable, but I will not explode.

Probably, I mean. I can still access the internet at least a little, as evidenced by this post, so it's not as if I were cut off completely.

Oh, and also: My apartment has an ant infestation, and the little bugs are crawling all over the place. I was sitting on the bathroom floor today, doing something girly I'm sure, and a couple of them began crawling on my body. And I took it completely in stride, not even questioning their right to be there, on my body, the body that is mine and not theirs. It was only later that I realized that maybe I should have at least flicked them off.

4 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

I caught a thousand legger in my apartment yesterday..I dropped a barbell on "him" .Guess I'm not a care-taker

4:34 AM  
Blogger Corith Malin said...

You should have looked the ant straight in the eyes and said, "GET OFF, GET OFF, GET OFF"

I bet that would have done it.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

Ants have 8 eyes!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Corith Malin said...

No, those are Potatos. They have eight eyes. Sometimes more.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home