Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Some Independent Thoughts

Happy Fourth of July, everyone!

That's all I really had to say. Oh, and I hope not EVERYONE had to get up at 7:50 a.m., because I know I did, and it wasn't fun. I wasn't really even aware that 7:50 a.m. EXISTED, and here I was, bundling myself through the chilly fog for a Fourth of July breakfast party. The french toast, however, was kinda worth it, and seeing all the hot air balloons, and watching the beginning of 1776 the musical - so it wasn't a total waste.

As soon as we got home, I wrapped in a blanket and fell asleep to the sweet sweet sounds of computerized death and woke an hour or so later to the realization that, Hello, it is July, and July is as hot as griddlecakes. If I were a dog, I think I would have been panting as I laid there prostrate on the couch, unable to move under the crushing weight of July humidity in the South.

This is why I did not live in the eighteenth century, with all of their silk stockings and powdered wigs and corsets and petticoats and miles and miles of fabric swarthing every inch of skin. Hooray for independence, but I would have given up long before I got to that stage.

Oh, and one last thing before I forget: So, I went to go feed my fish last night and was thoroughly startled to walk into my bedroom only to discover four unknown persons sleeping on my floor. Highly disconcerting, let me tell you. And they better not have been harrassing my fish in my absence.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case you didn't get out to see some fireworks:

http://www.cyberfireworks.com/

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home