Sunday, July 23, 2006

Keeping The Sabbath Day Holy, Sort Of

I got the internet back! It feels good to feel like a real person again, and I confess I've come up with excuses that have allowed me to sit at my computer and luxuriate in internet-havingness.

Like right now, tonight. I could have gone watch 24 (And before you rabid fans attack me for having the GALL to turn down a single opportunity to see your beloved Jack in action...relax. Take a breath. Maybe another one...there you go. Feel better? Try doing that more often. I've seen how you get in the middle of the tenth hour, and the sight isn't pretty, with every artery in your neck strained to the utmost, your purpling faces betraying the unbearable tension. It's great, but I always always think how fortunate it is that I know CPR.), but instead I thought I'd come back to the ol' apartment. You see, I have fish, and they swim around in a little glowy tank, and I have a desk chair that is padded and soft and spinny that I haven't even had ONE hallway race with, and I have these gorgeous hardwood floors that were coated in so much dirt I didn't know how they kept from weeping themselves to sleep. Besides the fact that, you know, floors don't weep.

Note that I said were. I swiffered the whole thing, and it's GLOWING, and it feels silky smooth beneath my feet. It took a while to clean, but I figure as long as I'm cleaning floors, I have an excuse for STILL not having finished unpacking.

It's only been what, three months since I moved? I heard rumors that the girl who's moving in with me in a few weeks will be whitewashing the walls. She sounds like a sucker, doing all that work that I put off all summer - I bet I can totally convince her to put away my boxes for me.

And throw out that trash that's still sitting there. Yes, Keely, THAT trash.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, save your strength for all the chores we have been saving for you when you get home. Did I mention that we have a cord of wood for you to split?

1:35 AM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

Uma Thurman is 34C and 6 ft tall

3:23 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I'm clearly not Uma Thurman.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Corith Malin said...

Actually, you're not allowed to do ANY work on the Sabbath. That's why they only ate cold left-overs from the day before. And that includes cleaning.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Mama Luce said...

I think I can forgive your decision to forego the 24-ness.

I can respect that most people are not willing to drop their lives for weeks at a time just to watch a television show... for the 4th time. I understand that most would not understand the need to not breathe until you almost pass out, just because you are so worried about Jack's life. I even allow others to say that it's 'just a tv show'(you blaspheme! All of you!).

So, my dear, I cannot blame you if you choose to miss out on the wonders of 24 to go spend some alone time at home with your fish and your computer. I'm sure it was quite refreshing to clean your floors, and (lol) choose to not dispose of that trash for the 'n'th time (n=90 days (the average # of days in any 3 month period) times the number of times a day you choose to not take out THAT trash.).

I don't think I'd EVER pick my floors over Jack Bauer... no self respecting 24 fan would. Oh, and believe me, we're glad you know CPR too.

8:59 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Oh, I forgot to say: the reason I picked floors over Jack was because they were watching episodes in the middle of a season I'd never seen, and I didn't want to ruin anything.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unpack already!! If you start feeling unbearable guilty, now you know why! But I'm glad that someone in my family knows how to clean a floor.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home