Saturday, October 23, 2004

"Heed the Warning Bell, for They Are Coming"

This is what I love about college. A gray, boring Saturday, plans for later in the evening, but nothing but a day of styudying ahead of you. And then a knock at your door and people inviting you to go out to lunch. At least, this is what I love about college after a month and a half when I finally have friends. Here, at least. I rather suspect that Art and Rachael are at least sometimes my friends. And just to clarify, roommates are not friends, they are roommates, so I can't count Jennifer in my "pity me, friendless little girl who is all alone on weekends and no one loves her or cares about her or wants to do anything with her, ever" expository.

The point is, things are gradually changing.

The other point is, go see The Village. I followed this movie for months before it came out, all excited, because M. Night Shyamalan is probably my favorite director; I loved The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable transcended even that. I was planning on seeing his newest movie on opening day. That plan never happened. A lot of things I plan never happen. But I saw it last night, and it was wonderful, and I don't know whether I like Unbreakable or The Village better.

Oh, wait. Hilary Hahn recorded the soundtrack for The Village. That solves that problem. Hilary Hahn = one of the coolest, most amazing violinists you will ever see perform.

The end.

P.S. Aren't you glad I didn't put a schloopy love quote from the movie as my title?

4 Comments:

Blogger tuesday said...

The Village. Amen, sister.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

I rather suspect that Art and Rachael are at least ALWAYS your friends. The end.

12:55 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I didn't want to make incorrect assumptions. Okay, yes I did. Glad you guys are always my friends. Now get me to Virginia! Provo is frickin' cold, and Art has promised me some macaroni and cheese.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Taylor Hellewell said...

I liked the Village, though for different reasons than most who went; Shyamalan isn't just about scaring people. I think he's better at just freaking us out.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home