Sunday, October 10, 2004

"The Pomp of Proud Audacious Deeds"

I slept for a long time this afternoon. I hate napping for longer than 30 minutes; I always feel so lazy and worthless.

I have to read Marlowe for Brit Lit. Doctor Faustus. I wouldn't mind, except we have a quiz due tomorrow. Quiz for Doctor Christiansen is synonymous with the tormented depths of hell itself. That woman is evil... she gave me a super once, and now I have a taste for it and must (MUST!) get another. I'm like a pit bull that, once having gotten a taste for human flesh, must be destroyed, because it is always seeking for it. Or perhaps I'm more like an English major who, having once gotten a super must now get another, and no one, not even those crazy MFHD people with their Mandy Moore shoes will stand in my way! And if they do, I'll push them off the stairs. Practice for next semester.

Speaking of which, Jennifer and I walked past the Joseph F. Smith building last night. It's the new building that will house the humanities and Marriage, Family, and Home Development people. I say people merely after their MRS shouldn't get such a cool, new building, complete with spiral staircase. They should put them in the engineering building... get them married off faster. But I'm still excited for next semester when all my classes will be in the F. Smith. With a spiral staircase. And probably no natural light... dang.

4 Comments:

Blogger Taylor Hellewell said...

Well, the new building should be exquisitely lit, if only because of the giant courtyard space they've left in the middle. An in accordance w/ the pseudo-Greco-Roman stylization the stone surfacing detailing the walls is travertine, cut from the same quarry used to build the Colosseum.

And if it's any consolation, and I doubt that it is, I think you're super, regardless of what your professor might determine come the end of the semester.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

I like how you always comment on my blog so I thought I'd give it a try here. All I really have to say is I love the title of the post. You did what I couldn't, yet it was me in like this alternate reality that's rather fun to mess around with. So thank you. I luuuu you!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Reality really isn't something that should be played with. Except when it's messed. Up.

11:30 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

And I like how I accidentally posted as you, because I just finished editing a typo in your blog.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home