Monday, December 20, 2004

"Cheerios...I Love Them Dearly, and That's How it Goes"

I was reacclimating myself to my house after a four-month absence (and it's strange how very dream-like these last four months seem when I'm back home, the place I've lived since I was three, with Rachael and Kristin laughing so loudly outside my door they don't even need to knock), and my mom was showing me all the food she'd made or bought for me. For some reason, I was investigating the cereals and saw the familiar bright yellow of a Cheerios box. My mom noticed my interest and informed me they had purchased extra milk because I was going to be home and they knew all I'd be doing would be eating Cheerios. ...Fabulous. I keep forgetting to update them on how much I've changed, so they keep surprising me on how much they don't know and how many topics they innocently stumble upon.

Well, I am the most easily guilt-tripped person ever. The mere fact that my parents had bought extra milk so I could eat Cheerios overwhelmed me with guilt, so I of course grabbed a bowl and started pouring. And I ate that entire bowl. And two more over the last few days. I am determined to eat that entire box. Maybe in the bottom, instead of a cheap toy encased in impossible-to-open plastic, I will rediscover my cure.

Because you know, if Cheerios were a man, I would totally marry him.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

This one time you ate a bowl of cereal in my car. And left the spoon. I think it's in the glove box.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

I WAS NUMBER 4000 ON YOUR HIT METER--

10:49 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I've hit 4,000! Well, now much over 4,000. And there will be a prize for Baltazar. It's only fair. Would you like a nutcracker? Please. Please take one.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home