Tuesday, March 22, 2005

"Can You Feel The Tension In The Air"

Tension and resolve. Holding a single, discordant note almost longer than bearable, then moving slowly, deliberately up a half step to the conclusion, which is sweeter than you can express. You relish it in the notes that follow, weaving your sound through others.

Tension and resolve. Life is built around this. The moments of discord that stretch on almost longer than we can bear, but amazingly beautiful in their way, followed by a resolution, a shattering sweetness to be savored.

There are many, many other notes, but in that moment... there is nothing else. Time itself seems to stop. Or perhaps I'm still very much remembering who I used to be and what I gave up.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Thank you for sharing that. I never noticed that before... Maybe that is one of the reasons why music hits us the way it does, why it becomes so special to us. Good analogy.

10:01 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I can't help but make analogies. Dang left brain and its constant analyzation.

5:53 PM  
Blogger tuesday said...

Nural!

I win!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Nural is coming back next month, but it will be after you two have already gone back home. Too bad. They're playing with Hender and I get to promote it!

1:41 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Why do cool things happen when I'm not around? Grrr. But I'm so excited for you, Sam! When Hender becomes big and awesome and opens for really famous bands, can you get us backstage passes?

4:26 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Of course!

1:35 PM  
Blogger tuesday said...

I STILL don't know what I'm doing for summer. I might go home...I might stay and work for the theatre department. Not sure. If I do stay, we are SO going to Nural and Hender. Rockin'.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home