Sunday, April 10, 2005

"Salve Oh Patria, Mil Veces! Oh Patria!"

Hot dang. Look at that hit counter! That's happy making.

So guess what? It's time to celebrate another anniversary. I love it when I can get all reminiscent on people. It's been one year since I went on a date with Little Coffman, and oh what a date that was. Turns out my friend Rachael had a friend Andy whose younger brother went to the same university I did. Even better was that he was great friends with a great friend of mine, and I'm fairly certain I ate dinner with him at least once before officially meeting him. So Rachael had me call him [The message I left went something like "Hey, Jesse, you don't know me, and I don't know you, but my friend goes to school with your brother, and they want us to meet, sooo... call me back."] and ask him out. We had a picnic. He threw teddy grahams at one-legged seagulls. Then we saw BYU's ballroom dance company's performance and cheered loudly for our friends on the various teams. Then a while later Andy decided I should marry his brother, and I started referring to him as my brother-in-law when I would talk to him on the phone for long periods of time, which happened more frequently than I can believe.

The best part of the story is that Andy happens to be a former roommate of Art's, who has achieved blogging fame with the limerick I composed oh-so-painstakingly for him. I didn't even know Art existed at the time of the date. Funny how small your world can become.

This is for you, Little Coffman. I'm not going to marry you, but I just may throw some teddy grahams at seagulls in your name.

4 Comments:

Blogger juxtaposer said...

The reason I even remembered this is because I saw this year's ballroom dance company's performance last night. I have two words for you: latin pants.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

I remember all of that so well. I remember the feeling of that time in my life. Totally different from now.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Mama Luce said...

Well, here I am, and I hope that you're not disappointed by any posts left on you blog by me. I tend to be rather self concious about comments that I leave... anyway, I do remember that thing with Andy's brother, and it just made me laugh. hehehe. anyway, I love you beth! you are DEFINITELY a favorite!

2:25 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Keely! Feel free to comment as much as you want, you know I love ya.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home