Wednesday, April 06, 2005

"You're Leaving Me Here, Dear, Alone With All Your Letters"

I got two letters today. Getting letters is on the Things That Make Me Happy list on my sidebar, and it's especially happy because it happens so rarely. If I wrote to people more often, I would probably get more letters, but I don't, because it's discouraging how behind I am on letter writing and how long it takes me to compose just one.

From Elder Earp (hehehe, I would marry the boy just for his last name):

"So to update you on the past 9 months, well that would be too hard. So I'll just do it in one sentence using all my big vocabulary. It's been good!" [This from the boy who used the word "bad" in a paper thirty-six times. A three-page paper.]

"Actually my 3rd week we were driving through the bush at night & we hit a kangaroo and it totalled the car and we were stranded 180 km's from town, so we ditched the car and hitchhiked back into town." [He's going to be killed by a kangaroo one of these days, and I'll laugh.]

"Anyway, hope all is well, don't stress too much over finals since you don't have my Californian influence to keep things cool. Have fun back in Maryland this summer & don't get killed :)" [We'd always have to saunter back from class because Dan does not go faster than a casual stroll. He has to pause and look at the mountains and the trees and the clouds and the grass. The boy is too laid-back even for California. And I know it almost seems like he cares about me and my well-being, but I promise you he's secretly hoping I'll be shot. We have a love/hate relationship... minus the love.]

From Elder Brown:

"I'll bet you're too busy with school and work and such that you don't even have the time to think about having some sort of fun." [I went to Las Vegas last weekend.] [Oh, and I regularly stay up all night and STILL get so little homework done, as I'm being effectively distracted. But the poor boy knew me when I'd do six hours of homework a night.]

"Meanwhile, I think I've got a spider biting me throughout the night." [Giiiih.]

"Tell her to talk to you--because you've got the low down on the goodie-goods." [1. He cracks me up. 2. Do all missionaries ask for food so frequently and obsessively?]

"P.P.P.S. In order to wake up faster in the morning, I recommend singing and acting out the primary song 'Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.' Repeat until desired results are aquired." [I might just do this. Jenn, be ready. But seriously, I doubt anything is going to rouse me faster after weeks of sleep-deprivation. I'm just waiting for the sleep-walking to begin.]

3 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

what are you staying up all night for i remember it realy messes up the next day

7:37 PM  
Blogger tuesday said...

Oh, Elder Earp. How awesome is he? Soooo awesome.

And yeah...Elder Brown asks for an awful lot of sweets and things. Maybe we should actually send him some. Poor kid...in Brasil...having the time of his life. We should really take better care of him.

If you end up Head Shoulder Knees and Toesing it every morning, well, I might just have to join you. I don't think that sort of excitement could go down in this little bedroom without me wanting to take part. And, not to dampen your spirits or anything...but I'm not really thinking it's going to happen. I've seen you in the morning. I know what that alarm does to you...

But, if you can muster the energy, I support it though. Fully.

1:49 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Baltazar: What am I doing staying up all night? Well, having Important Discussions of course.

Jennifer: I blame the Important Discussions.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home