Sunday, October 30, 2005

Being Poor Was Never Better

I have a story to tell you. Once, a long time ago, I was watching a marathon of Family Guy episodes. On one of the episodes (the one where Quagmire and Loretta have an affair, you know the one I'm talking about), Peter runs out to this blue helicopter he has stored on his front lawn, starts it, runs into a tree, crashes it, and it spins around and around on the lawn, spitting grass all over the place. This scene made me laugh so hard I was nearly sick. I laughed and I laughed and I laughed, and then I laughed some more. And then I giggled every time I thought about it afterward.

After a day chained to my desk doing homework (Miss Conscience made her prodigal way back last night, and boy, was it Not Fun), I headed out to my living room and flipped the t.v. on, settling down to watch some Fox Sunday Night Television. And that same episode was on! And I laughed and laughed. And I got a little reminiscent. And then I chuckled some more. I cannot describe to you what exactly is funny about that scene, but it's the way the helicopter is blue and is made of Peter's face, and the crazy way it spins on the grass that just gets me, right here....

Things like that make horrible weekends all better.

And thanks to my dedicated fans who have been there for me through it all. I really appreciate all the IMs that have kept me sane. Because, really, with an attention span like mine, I HAVE to be doing something else while writing, or I cannot concentrate, and I have the wittiest, silliest, brainiest, and funnest bunch of friends ever assembled.

3 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

I discovered live365.com and listened to Bluegrass Highway and then Girls on Stage I like C-span better but it was interesting..

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The episode that gets me like that everytime without fail is the one where Peter is on trial and is sentenced to prison. Then everyone in the family gasps "Oh no." in turn and immediately the Kool-Aid man jumps through the courtroom wall shouting "Oh-Yeah!". Then he pauses awkwardly in the silence and slowly creeps back out the gaping hole in the wall. I seriously can't think of this scene without laughing.

Or...the time it cuts away to the ghosts trying to cheer up pac-man after mrs. pacman left him. "Hey, you wanna chase us? Look, we're turning blue! Oh no, he might get us..." but he just sits there depressed. That's funny crap too.

In short, a beautiful show.

4:15 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

It makes me happy when other people like Family Guy.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home