Friday, December 30, 2005

I Can't Get The Computer To Make An Aigu Accent, And I'm Too Lazy To Copy/Paste It From Word, So I'm Foregoing The French Well-Wishing

This is the last chance I'll have to jump online before the new year, so I thought I'd write some kind of Year Wrapping Up post prior to heading up to good ol' Latrobe, PA to visit my grandparents.

So. The year. Well, it started in January and ended in December, now didn't it? And, like every year, I have resolved to drink chocolate milk in the upcoming year. I figure that it's a resolution I'll definitely keep, and why make things harder on myself? Chocolate milk is awesome. Well, not the sorry stuff you get when you take milk and squirt a little chocolate syrup into it. That stuff is gross. But the stuff they distribute in vending machines around my university campus...THAT stuff is awesome. And I fully intend on drinking as much of it as humanly possible, smacking my lips, and feeling the warm fuzziness of both a chocolate milk rush PLUS the descending knowledge that I am furthering my New Year's Resolution falling upon me while I squirm with happiness, a smooth, brown semi-circle gracing my upper lip. If anyone else would like to make this their New Year's Resolution as well, I will in no way consider it stealing; instead, I will welcome you as one of the Enlightened.

Anyway, the year happened, and I found myself returning to BYU again and again, like a sailor heeding an extremely virtuous and upright siren's call. As for the future? Well, I just realized that I may be able to get out of taking French ever again if I transfer to SVU, so we'll see. That extra $30,000 a year spent on tuition just may be worth it.

Happy New Year, peoples.

P.S. Does anyone else feel slightly disconcerted by the thought of 2006, in a vague, not-fully-realized way? Or is it just me? Shoot, I hate it when I get uncertain feelings of impending doom. Or maybe I just don't like the feeling of a year ending in 6. Yep, I think that's it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

I'il teach you French for 30,000 a year.

12:23 AM  
Blogger jacob said...

I'll make you a great deal. I won't teach you french for the bargain rate of only $15,000.

Chocolate milk is good. I like to drink it with the pink frosted sugar cookies in the BYU vending machines or from select 7-11 stores.

3:58 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

man, i miss that chocolate milk and its chocolatey deliciousness...

10:58 AM  
Blogger Mama Luce said...

Oh Beth! I love you!!!! Happy New Year, by the way, and good luck on your resolution, I have confidence that you'll do well... and I might just join you. Now... on to more important things. What's this you say about my beloved BV? I am sufficiently intrigued, and would greatly appreciate any further explanation you would feel comfortable giving. Oh, and french would be more fun at SVU anyway. The teacher, I hear, is a little senile... she's really old.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Corith Malin said...

Only because I like you...

http://www3.uakron.edu/modlang/french/keyboard.html

12:10 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I think some of you have missed the point. I DON'T want to take another French class, but I WOULD like a college degree. Just one of those things I think I should have.

Jacob and Miss Hass - we should all congregate and have a chocolate milk party.

Keely - don't get too excited. I'm in exile, remember?

Craig - I can never bring myself to address you as "Corith Malin." What does that mean, anyway?

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home