Thursday, December 08, 2005

Finals Week

Batten down your hatches and screw up your jam jars, kiddies, because FINALS WEEK IS HERE!

I decided to kick off the week by turning in a paper that has blasphemy at the very core of its defense, figuring that A. either my professor won't mind because he's more of the open-minded, liberal English professor type, or B. he'll think he's misreading and puzzle over my paper for days, finally just giving it an A and schlepping it back to me with big red ???'s all over it. Either one of these scenarios I can definitely live with, but I'm hoping for the latter, because at least I'll get an A.

But before it's all over, I'll write four papers, turn in one portfolio, visit the Super Private English Major Types Only computer lab 18 times, take approximately 3 in-class finals, pore over 500 pages of sacred texts, and curse the name of Slavoj Žižek 13,428 times.

And to all of you out there who are going through the same thing: Much luck to ya.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

13,429... Curse him once for me.

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie, Just remember Mom loves you, and you'll soon be home again. Actually try to eat something healthy, truly do get some sleep, and if all else fails, do they still make Cliff Notes?

12:10 PM  
Blogger Corith Malin said...

Your mom is awesome. My mom would NEVER suggest I eat something healthy *grin*

2:25 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Mom, are you suggesting that I find a Cliffs Notes version of, say, the Old Testament (possible) or "The Sublime Object of Ideology" (highly unlikely)? Because if you find those for me, I'll be really impressed.

3:23 PM  
Blogger the narrator said...

you read zizek at byu? maybe i should transfer there.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

Slavof was born March 21

5:04 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Hi, Nick. Welcome back. Remember all the good times we had in 13?

7:09 PM  
Blogger jacob said...

I randomly came across your blog today and I enjoyed it. Good luck with finals.

5:34 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Thanks, Jacob. Welcome to the blog, if you ever see this comment. And even if you don't, you're still welcome :-)

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home