Sunday, February 12, 2006

Lazy Sunday

I won't even tell you about the mess I just made in the kitchen. You'd think making tomato soup and grilled cheese for lunch would be easy. Heck, I've done it a million times (it's one of my staple meals, of which I have about three), and I've never had a problem before. But first I couldn't find the can opener (a new roommate didn't know where it belonged and put it away wrong), and THEN. Then, I just couldn't open the can. Stupid can. (I can hear my mother's voice saying It's not the can that's stupid.... See, Mom, even when you're 2,000 miles away, it's like you're right here with me.) It was all mangled and rough edges of metal were still holding lid and can together. I tried and tried to separate them, but I couldn't, so I ended up scooping the soup out anyway in a rather awkward and extremely messy fashion. I try so hard to be graceful, but then things like this happen and throw it all away.

But I told you I wasn't going to tell you about all of that, and so I won't.

3 Comments:

Blogger Corith Malin said...

Are your staple meals better than my salmon with a fruit salad and garlic stuffed olives? I bet they're not. Mmmm.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

How much snow do you have ?

7:20 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Craig, that was a fantastic meal, and you know nothing can top it, ever. Unless Megann happens to be able to join in the festivities next time.

Baltazar, Utah didn't get any snow. There is snow on the ground in the canyons, and snow in the mountains, but nothing fresh.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home