Sunday, March 05, 2006

It's Kind Of Like A Tale Of Two Cities

So the week is drawing to a close, and it's been an interesting mixture of ups and downs. (Ha! Thought I was going to go for the rhyme-producing "highs and lows, didn't you? This just goes to show that you can't predict me, sucka!) (I have no idea what that was about, actually. I told you it's been an interesting week, and you all know "interesting" is code either for "ugly" or "crazy-like," and since weeks can't really be physically ugly....)

I made some good headway in the pile of homework I have, and I managed to impress a couple professors. But I can't remember if I remembered tog to orchetra rehearsal or not, or if we even had rehearsal scheduled for this week.

I got to spend a lot of time talking with an old, dear friend of mine and doing "us" things we hadn't done in a while. But my friend is around because he's going through a worse week than I am, and I spend a lot of time worrying.

I had a lot of fun this weekend with different groups of friends. But there are a lot of friends out there I don't know if I'll ever see again, and that realization has been driven home to me a lot lately, and it sucks the air out of my lungs almost every time.

My mom IMed me and told me she was working on birthday stuff. But I had to tell her a lot of things I know she doesn't like to talk about and I had to relive memories from this past summer, and I'm not talking about the good ones.

Duke played UNC tonight. But Redick wasn't being Redick, the game was pretty sucky, and Duke lost what they should have won.

I like to say that life isn't about what I want, and I believe that very strongly. While talking with Kristin the other night, it was interesting to watch her realize that though everything she had wanted had fallen through, other things had happened to her through chance and circumstance that made her far happier than she could have picked for herself. That is what life is about. There is no happily-ever-after, at least not in mortality. It's about having someone's hand to hold along the way, through all of the ups and downs, and knowing that there's another side of things just waiting.

At least there's one piece of news that cannot possibly have a downside: Sugarcult is coming out with a new album, expected for release sometime later this summer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... that is amazing. I just wrote a huge e-mail on "ups and downs" this last week, and was so proud of it I almost posted it as a blog for the whole world to see like a light shinning through the darkness of adversity. kinda scary. maybe it's a sign to do it...

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home